The aims of the course (not in order of priority) are to:
- help you to develop and consolidate your knowledge, skills and understanding in ICT and be aware of new and emerging technologies;
- encourage you to develop further as an autonomous user of ICT;
- encourage you to continue to develop your ICT skills in order to enhance your work in a variety of subject areas;
- provide opportunities for you to analyse, design, implement, test and evaluate ICT systems;
- encourage you to consider the impact of new technologies on methods of working in the outside world and on social, economic, ethical and moral issues;
- help you to improve your skills and increase your awareness of the ways in which ICT is used in practical and work-related situations.